Intensive Capacity Building at The Bahamas Bureau of Standards & Quality
The newest bureau in the CARICOM Regional Organisation for Standards and Quality (CROSQ) network, The…
CARICOM Regional Organisation for Standards and Quality (CROSQ), in recognition of the strides made by…
First 3 National Standards
- Specification for Packaged Water:
requirements for the purity, treatment, bacteriological acceptability, packaging and labelling of all waters that are packaged for sale and used as beverages or in foods. This standard does not apply to water distributed by the public water supply system, to carbonated beverages, soda water or to packaged water sold for purposes other than as a beverage.
- Code of Hygiene Practice for Packaged Water:
outline requirements for appropriate general techniques for collecting, processing, packaging, storing, transporting, distributing and offering for sale, all bottled or packaged drinking water for direct consumption.
- Code of Practice General Principles for Food Hygiene:
the essential principles of food hygiene within the food chain from primary production to the final consumer, stipulating the acceptable hygienic conditions for producing food that is safe and suitable for consumption.
Standards under review for adoption:
- Labelling of Prepackaged Food
- Labeling of Tobacco Products
- Grading Requirements for Tabled eggs
- Specification of Poultry & Poultry Products
- Poultry Feeds and Feed ingredients
- Specifications for Cement
- Rum Specifications
- Specifications for Brewery Products
- General Requirements for the Competence of Testing,
- Calibration Laboratories & Requirements for Quality and Competence
- Quality management for Medical devices and
- Tourism Standards: diving, accommodations etc...