The Government of The Bahamas (GoTB) has received financing from the European Union via the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) and intends to apply a portion of the proceeds to eligible payments under this contract. Payment by CDB will be made only at the request of GoTB and upon approval by CDB, and will be subject, in all respects, to the terms and conditions of the Loan Agreement. The Loan Agreement prohibits a withdrawal from the Loan Account for the purpose of any payment to persons or entities, or for any import of goods, if such payment or import, to the knowledge of CDB, is prohibited by a decision of the United Nations Security Council taken under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations. No party other than GoTB shall derive any rights from the Loan Agreement or have any claim to the proceeds of the Loan.
The GoTB’s Bureau of Standards and Quality (BBSQ) is the Executing Agency for the Project, and is responsible for the overall implementation of the project. The BBSQ invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the supply of the Metrology Equipment and Supplies, as further detailed in Annex A
The bidding process is conducted according to the procedures specified in the Procurement Procedures for Projects Financed by CDB (January, 2021), as published on CDB’s website and is open to all bidders from eligible countries
Eligible countries and Bidders are those detailed in Annex B paragraph 3. Bidders are advised to review the relevant eligibility criteria detailed in Anne B and the conflict of interest provisions in Section 5 of the Procurement Procedures for Projects Financed by CDB (January, 2021), as published on CDB’s website.
Eligible bidders will be required to submit full qualification information with their bids establishing their eligibility to bid and qualification to perform the contract if the bid is accepted. Qualification requirements include, inter alia – Refer Annex C.
Bidding and qualification information are to be submitted in the English Language on the prescribed forms inserted in the Bid Documents. Submissions that do not provide the information required or that do not demonstrate the prospective supplier’s ability to perform satisfactorily, will not qualify and will not be considered for further evaluation.
Bid documents will be available from Feb 5th, 2024. A complete set of Bidding documents can be obtained by interested bidder at no cost. Requests may be made in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org. Written applications must be clearly marked: “Request for Bid Documents for the Supply of Enhancing Bahamas National Quality Infrastructure through the Establishment of a Metrology Laboratory Project” and provide
Page 2 of 9
an email address for the receipt of the bid documents. The documents will be promptly dispatched, but under no circumstance will GoTB, be held responsible for late delivery, loss or damage to the documents.
Bidders are to submit their Bids electronically. The electronic Bidding submission procedures shall be:
- The Bidders must make submissions to the following email address: email@example.com.
- The deadline for Bid submission is: Date: March 1st , 2024; Time: 12:00 AST
- The Bid document must be submitted in the form of a password protected document.
- The Bidder should indicate that only the BBSQ shall open the bid using the “password key” for opening the Bidding document.
- The password key only, shall be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org at the time of submission deadline March 1st, 2024; Time: 12:00 AST for the respective bids.
- Bids will be opened fifteen minutes after the submission deadline and bidders are invited to attend the virtual opening – invites with linkage will be sent at the same time of bid receipt acknowledgement stated in item 11 below.
- The email title for bid submission and the password must include the Company Name, “Bid for – Metrology Equipment for Enhancing Bahamas National Quality Infrastructure through the Establishment of a Metrology Laboratory” and the identification number of the ICB GA/PFD/15/2
- The complete bid, including supporting documents must be attached to the email on or before the stipulated deadline.
- Bidders should submit email bid submissions in a single email and avoid sending multiple email submissions for the same opportunity.
- Attachments must not be compressed, must not contain a virus or malware, must not be corrupted and must be able to be opened. Bidders submitting bids by email are solely responsible for ensuring that any emails or attachments are not corrupted. The BBSQ may reject bid submissions that are compressed, cannot be opened or that contain viruses or malware or corrupted attachments.
- The Bid will be deemed to have been received at the time that it is received by the BBSQ at the aforementioned email. Once received, the Bidder will receive an email from the email@example.com acknowledging receipt.
Each bid must be accompanied by a “Bid-Securing Declaration”. Late bids will be rejected.
GoTB reserves the right to accept or reject any bid, and to annul the process and reject all bids, at any time prior to award of contract, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected prospective bidder(s) or any obligation to inform the affected prospective bidder(s) of the grounds for GoTB action. GoTB will not defray any costs incurred by any bidder in the preparation of bids.